“Social media hasn’t helped me attract and win over new clients.” If you’ve had similar thoughts or have completely ignored using social media for your business, now is the time to start using and leveraging social media to its full potential.
According to the 2021 Insurance Barometer Study conducted by Life Happens and LIMRA,
- Over 64 million adults indicate they are looking for an advisor.
- 9 in 10 adults report using social media generally AND half report using social media to gather info on financial topics, companies, or advisors.
We uncovered that over 64 million adults are looking for an advisor. Although the market is there on social media, the disconnect may be with your current social media strategy. Are you thinking strategically about how you can use social media to gain new clients, or are you “posting just to post?”
It’s important to consider these 3 social media tips to get new clients.
1. Publishing consistent organic (non-paid) social media content is the foundation to any winning social media strategy. It’s important to show up on your social media daily, so you can inform, educate, inspire and entertain your audience. And, if you’re looking for fresh and new content that is all that (and more), we got you! Life Happens Pro (LHP) offers a suite of marketing content—social media posts, graphics, videos, email templates, all-inclusive campaigns and more—that you can personalize to make your own. LHP can even automate your organic (non-paid) social posting. Subscribe to Life Happens Pro now and start scheduling already-made social media content on your Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
2. Look into social media advertising—even if it means starting small. Why, you ask? Running social media ads allows you to put your content in front of your target audience and choose a clear action you want them to take (i.e. website link clicks, lead generation, messaging, conversions, etc). Depending on your Life Happens Pro plan, you can download our various social media content pieces to use for your social media advertisements. If you’re a beginner to social media advertisements, you may want to look into boosting your previous top-performing posts that make sense with your social media objective. Boosting just means putting advertising dollars behind a certain post already on your profile. Here's a plus—depending on which platform you advertise on, you can also invite people who have reacted to your ad to like and follow your business page. Remember, some money is better than none, especially if you’re just starting out.
3. Optimize your social media bios. This is something that most people don’t think about. When someone stumbles upon your profile, the first thing they see is your bio, right? Is your bio clearly communicating with non-followers how they could benefit from your help? Additionally, make sure you include a Call-to-Action at the end of your bio with a website link, book an appointment link, or something that allows the prospect to take action.
Want a FREE Instagram bio template?
- Want financial security for you and your loved ones?
- We’re helping protect families in [INSERT LOCATION(S)]!
- Want to schedule a FREE consultation? 👇
- [INSERT LINK]
And who knows, people you’ve never met before could be wanting to meet you the next day simply because of social media. I actually discovered my insurance agent through a social media advertisement.
Social media is a long-term strategy, just like how you treat your relationships with your clients. We’ve heard that it takes several touchpoints for insurance professionals to get a sale—the same could be said about social media. One post doesn’t translate to one client. It’s important to publish daily content on social media, consider social media advertising, and have a clear and actionable bio.