February is the month of love and social media is full of important messaging from our Insure Your Love campaign. Check out the #InsureYourLove hashtag to see all the great content being shared.
Strong content is being shared on a variety of social platforms, including LinkedIn. It’s important to be part of the Insure Your Love conversation, and Life Happens is here to make sure your message is heard with these five tips for maximizing LinkedIn.
1. First and foremost, it’s important that your profile, whether a personal account or company page, has an industry-facing identity. Once you’ve made sure your profile is clean, relevant and up-to-date, you need to be aware of the image that your profile portrays. Ask yourself a few questions:
• Does my profile reflect my company and me well?
• Do my posts and information reflect the messaging I want to portray?
• Do I have my own distinct online voice?
If you answer no to any of these, consider the ways you can make changes to your profile and content to make sure they best represent you.
2. One important part of having a distinct identity on LinkedIn is creating a custom LinkedIn profile URL. Follow these simple steps to get started. Customizing your profile URL is an important part of branding yourself, boosting your credibility, and helping your account be found more easily.
3. Next on the list: It’s important to make LinkedIn connections to ensure that your message and content are being seen. Who and how many connections you want to have are personal choices, but remember the more targeted these connections are to your industry and content, the more likely they are to engage with you. Take some time to interact with your connections’ content as well—contribute to their conversations, leave meaningful comments, and regularly get your name out in the virtual space.
4. Make sure you’re sharing your strongest content and that you’re sharing regularly. Did you know that posts with images on average receive double the engagement compared to posts without imagery? You can share Life Happens’ Insure Your Love social-media graphics to increase your engagement today. These graphics are available in sizes specific to LinkedIn’s best practices. Here is just one example:
5. Finally, once you start sharing engaging content, it’s important to know how it’s performing. Take some time to view and understand your LinkedIn analytics. Doing this provides you with an in-depth look at how your posts are performing, see room for possible improvements, and replicate what’s doing well.
Use these tips to maximize your LinkedIn efforts today. We look forward to seeing you share the important message of Insure Your Love with your audience.