Life Happens created and coordinates Insure Your Love month every February to remind Americans that the basic motivation behind the purchase of life insurance is love. It’s a month when the industry comes together to share the message that getting life insurance is a simple and affordable way for consumers to protect the ones they love financially.
This year’s campaign theme is: Love Beyond Words. The way you express your love each day, whether through words or actions, strengthens your relationships and makes those close to you feel valued. Love can be expressed in many ways: a knowing glance, a kind deed, shared memories, a thoughtful gift, or words of encouragement.
Getting life insurance is an expression of love that goes beyond words. It shows your loved ones—with certainty—that you care about protecting their future.
While Insure Your Love officially launches in February, it’s time to start planning now! Here are a few of our favorite resources to get you started.
1. Share our two new Real Life Stories.
We’ve released two new stories for Insure Your Love that show real people who benefitted from life insurance. The Schroeder and Mathews Dixon stories are powerful demonstrations of the benefits of different types of policies.
• In Asia Schroeder’s case, she first experienced the power of life insurance when her first husband, Peter, died in the line of duty. Later, she experienced living benefits when her family used the cash value to fund their gym. Throughout her lifetime, life insurance has provided her family with financial support.
• For Sara Mathews Dixon, life insurance has meant she and her three children don't have to worry financially while grappling with the sudden loss of their husband and father from a heart arrhythmia.
Check out their Real Life Story videos, flyers, email templates and quote graphics on Life Happens Pro.
2. Start scheduling the February monthly social calendar.
One of the easiest ways to start preparing for Insure Your Love month is to schedule posts using our monthly social-media calendar. Consistency on social media is key to success. That’s why we’ve planned out a suggested post for each weekday in February with a graphic and caption already written for you. Just copy, paste and schedule! Find the latest calendar on Life Happens Pro by navigating to “Content” at the top and selecting “Monthly Social Calendar” from the dropdown.
3. Go all-in with the Love Beyond Words theme.
This year’s theme reinforces the straightforward message that getting life insurance is a concrete way to express your love with more than words. New content includes illustrated flyers, email templates, animated videos and more that highlight that life insurance shows your loved ones—with certainty—that you care about protecting their future.
Want more tips for your campaign marketing strategy? Download our Insure Your Love Marketing Guide for a more detailed timeline.